I just wanted to let you know that your two albums I bought are helping me reach my new fitness goal. I am in the process of getting my health and physique back to when I started to be a flight attendant almost 30 years ago. I listen to those lovely quirky fun songs and your beautiful voice and uke playing and my workout is so much more fun! I already lost 15 lbs…
I have your CD “Are You Having Any Fun” in my car. I listen to it when I drive home and want a sense of otherness from hard days work. It relaxes and melts the edginess I would otherwise bring home to my family, husband, dog and cat.
LYRICAL PHILOSOPHY (The “Cali Rose Gets Goofy” CD)
- Thirteen songs about personal love, real emotions, and true life experiences.
- Clever, down-to-earth uniquely original lyrics combined with perfect common sense feelings and sentiments.
- Exceptionally worded and sung with pleasing rhythms and tempo – quality music performed by great musicians and a gifted singer.
- But it’s the authentic, clear and entertaining voice that pulls everything together to bring empathy and understanding to so many common experiences that so many can relate to.
- A truly great uplifting and fun experience for the listener.
- Light hearted but packed with true and meaningful everyday thoughts and expressions.
- The whole CD is very well arranged and composed with especially enjoyable and authentic lyrics which exhibit extraordinary insights into ordinary life.
- Such a talented singer, song writer and philosophical humorist that brings a smile to the face and warms the heart.
“Hey Cali! Absolutely fabulous set… it was an honor to share a stage with you. I swear I’ve listened to your comedy disc a million times. I was singing along to “PMS Kind Of Day”. I hope to play with you again soon =)”
“I have to say again how very much I enjoy your CDs. It feels like you singing just for me when I listen. Maybe it’s because I know you or perhaps it’s because I have seen you perform live, I don’t know. Your music feels personal to me. I am just as happy for you and you furthering your career. If I owned an airline, you’d have you own audio channel. Then again, I know how you feel about flying…”
“Cali is a witty, charming songwriter with a great sense of humor. Her keen sense of the obvious is truly a gift, seriously. All the simple things right under our noses that we may overlook in a particular situation, Cali sees them and hand it back to us in a delightful and enchanting musical display. There are no “fluff” words here. She calls them as she sees them and make no mistake, although the content makes us laugh, Cali Rose is an exceptional artist with a serious love for music.”
“Singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Cali Rose, has produced a delightful and eclectic brew of fun, playfulness, intelligence and wit. Her piano and guitar playing is also excellent and she is joined by many talented musicians on this CD. She may be goofy, but she sure is good!”
“‘It’s a P.M.S. Kind of Day,’ ‘The Doggie-Doo Blues,’ ‘Pooey, Pooey, Pooey, It’s Christmas,’ and other humorous songs about life in the 90’s fill this sparkling collection, entertaining written and sung and beautifully produced.”
“When describing Cali Rose, the words “wacky” and “zany” come to mind…unexpectedly good music backing up the jokes…”
“In her most recent work, multi-talented singer/songwriter Cali Rose offers up an eclectic brew of cute, witty and sarcastic little songs, musings and observations. Delivered in an effective, low-key manner, this comedy/acoustic album interestingly meshes together many of Rose’s various musical influences. From blues, country, jazz, pop and Latin to the overt folk vein, she delivers some truly hilarious, sweet and stabbing mediations on the silliest aspects of life that we often take for granted.”